If anyone out there is thinking of putting together a class action lawsuit please contact me! They have jerked me around now for 3 weeks.

Their product no longer works on iMac El Capitan - personally I think they did this on purpose because of the launch of their new cloud which requires you to pay - so that you can't just continue using your older neat scanner..

I emailed the company and they emailed back "directions" to solve the problem. The directions made no sense, so I emailed them again. They gave me additional directions. That too didn't work.

So I emailed them a 3rd time. They said I should call them, gave me a number, and said I should reference the provided case number. So I called. Seems you have to establish a paid account to actually get a live person on the phone, and if you don't pay, the computer hangs up on you.

So I emailed again. This time they said if I give them a 2 hour window they would call me.

So I leave work early (they can only do this during business hours), sit by the computer and phone, and just keep getting angrier and angrier....of course they don't call. Would love to sue them for doing this to us!

This person wrote the review the neat company management software from The Neat Company. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants The Neat Company to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by The Neat Company for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Let me add, that Neat suggested this. You can download this free scanning software to use your Neat product, but the organization of files will be on you.

It’s pretty bad that a once reputable company is sending its consumers who purchased their overpriced scanners, to another company to download software. https://www.naps2.com/download.html

I have finally realized that they pretty much shut anyone who wishes to use their machine, out. This is crazy!

Rendered my NeatDesk useless.

I used it only twice! An over 300.00 desk ornament.

Neat broke the law when they sold me a scanner only later to disable it unless I pay for "cloud" service. Not everyone wants cloud service and besides it's been proven unsafe and hackable.

Now I can't seem to find all the files I downloaded to my PC with all my important documents and family photos! I hope they go out of business and jail the POS CEO and board members for doing business in Donald Trump style.

Yes,They promised originally that we could scan all our paperwork and use our documents for IRS use. It worked great.

Then they switched to cloud and I lost many important documents that I need for an audit that I thought I could later pull up and send.

This has caused my accountant and myself alot of time. I still cannot pull off important documents that I need.Their greed for us to only use cloud with a year subscription has caused a lot of time and money.

I have waited patiently for years for the software to work on mac again. So I researched it again recently and it seems like there is a new version of the software.

But as I am trying to find the software it appears I need a paid subscription. WHAT? I just want to use my scanner. It is great they have offerings for people that want to use the cloud, or maybe extras features for small business, etc, but I am not in that category.

I just want to occasionally scan something, like probably a couple times a year. That's it. That's why I bought the scanner in the first place. Now I need to give them more money?

This is crazy.

They really need to fix this.... or I really hope this CAL comes to be...

May be easier to get the Federal Trade Commission involved to try and get the program back to working.

Yes, you are 100% accurate. I would love to add my name to the CAL but, although I am not an attorney (a physician), I have some level of experience with lawyers, most of it bad.

Most attorneys want a SLAM DUNK in any law suit so the is minimal work and maximum payoff. Because this may be a CAL, you may attract some attention from the vipers, at least initially. Most, if not all, software companies today are pulling the bait and switch...or just the switch with having people buy their software then cause them to use a cloud to keep it alive so that the company can keep control of the user by constantly "pushing quarters into the slot" , as I refer to it, so as to keep the game going. As such, I don't know if you will gain any traction with a CAL.

But I am in because I went through a similar experience. My NEAT scanner is now a large paperweight (or a avant-garde form of art work).

#1471903

I am so friggin pissed at NEat. I have loved this product for years no more... I don't even mind paying if it was for something worth paying for.

What law firm is filing a class action suit against these crooks?Sign me up!

I'm in!

Well I'm in. I bought my scanner years ago then didn't use it for a while.

Now I can't even get to my documents because they cancelled my subscription, told me that I cancelled it and now want me to re-subscribe ---- but instead of the $5.99/month they force you to pay for an entire year at once! I'm pretty good at work arounds and hacking situations like this but I can't even find an opensource software that will work with the neat scanner.

So yeah... worthless now and I agree with the person that said this wasn't the deal when they sold me the scanner!

Yes, I would love too.I bought mine a long time ago.

Then try to use it after some time passes and I have to subscribe.

That wasn't the deal when I bought it.

vcan_86

I have 4 Macs and 4 Neat scanners that have all been rendered to paper weights! Let me know where to sign up..

$2000 in wasted money! vcanastraro@gmail.com

I'm in!

They basically stole our money.

Sold us the hardware and software license, then rendered the product useless via the internet.

No where does it say on the product, that it will expire.

The CEO is a serious A-hole....

#1419650

I'm in. I can't believe they are getting away with this.

I purchased a scanner that now it's obsolete. Trying to force me to pay for the cloud.

If anyone has a class action suite against Neat

Count me in.

Ive tried to contact these jerks for days and hours spent on the phone.

I bought a neat system 5 years ago and I have to pay more just to

talk to anyone. This is crap I bought in good faith. Not to be jerked around.

I have same issue i have a 250.00 paper weight now i dont need there stupid cloud that could get hacked

Yes I would love too. I bought mine a long time ago.

Then try to use it after some time passes and i have to subscribe.

That wasn't the deal when i bought it.

Shesmoonstruck@gmail.com

to Marcie #1418843

I did too

this is crap.

I paid over 600 for mine.

now cant even talk to anyone.

ldyson58@yahoo.com

They are doing this on purpose and I would like to join a class action suit.

If somebody starts the class action suit count me on.

Dan