If anyone out there is thinking of putting together a class action lawsuit please contact me! They have jerked me around now for 3 weeks.

Their product no longer works on iMac El Capitan - personally I think they did this on purpose because of the launch of their new cloud which requires you to pay - so that you can't just continue using your older neat scanner..

I emailed the company and they emailed back "directions" to solve the problem. The directions made no sense, so I emailed them again. They gave me additional directions. That too didn't work.

So I emailed them a 3rd time. They said I should call them, gave me a number, and said I should reference the provided case number. So I called. Seems you have to establish a paid account to actually get a live person on the phone, and if you don't pay, the computer hangs up on you.

So I emailed again. This time they said if I give them a 2 hour window they would call me.

So I leave work early (they can only do this during business hours), sit by the computer and phone, and just keep getting angrier and angrier....of course they don't call. Would love to sue them for doing this to us!

Product or Service Mentioned: The Neat Company Management Software.

Comments

I would love to know if there is a lawsuit started. Neat, even with a paid account, has lost documentation that I have scanned and would need for my taxes

Pawling, New York, United States #1263407

Is there any information regarding a class action lawsuit against the NEAT Company?

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1260118

I am having issues with my software and find out now I have to pay for something I've already paid for?

I'd be happy to be lead plaintiff in a class action.

Kwreed@hotmail.com

Blanchard, Oklahoma, United States #1251425

This scanner has never worked like tv ad shows, now it lost thousands of my scans after their so called upgrade to fix el capitain issues which has to be reinstalled about every other day, then turning the scanner off and on several times for the No Paper Detector to stop popping up.. I am like you, think all this is for ppl to move to the cloud thing for monthly subscription.

I am not sending my information to their "cloud" for them to look through in the first place. How can they get away with this after paying so *** much for this 400 dollar paperweight?

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #1249396

I'm in. I am so angry at this company.

Horrible software and support. Now they want me to pay to store files on their cloud that I do not want to share. This is completely outrageous.

I would like to participate in a class action lawsuit. macsusie2001@yahoo.com

Brookshire, Texas, United States #1244958

I'm in!! I have had nothing but problems over the last year.

I bought the new scanner & upgraded my package.

I let them remote into my computer to "fix" the problem & suddenly my old scanner stopped working.... This company is a load of *** & someone needs to stop them!!

geowaterwell@yahoo.com

Ormond Beach, Florida, United States #1241538

Yes let's do it, pls post contact info to join class action

Ormond Beach, Florida, United States #1241037

SAME SITUATION HERE. IS THERE AN ATTORNEY CONTACT NUMBER?

to jman Ormond Beach, Florida, United States #1241041

TRY THIS http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practice/Class-Actions----Plaintiff?DCMP=ADC-DIR_INJ-ClassActionsGen&HBX_PK=new+class+action+lawsuit

Peoria, Arizona, United States #1240112

What is the status? I have had it.

3 unanswered emails now. Do they have a physical site in Philadelphia?

It might be worth a flight from Arizona to Philadelphia to confront them. Is there an attorney willing to participate?

Peoria, Arizona, United States #1234418

I'm in. All of my receipt images prior to April 1 are gone.

The recognition software no longer is reliable. I cannot get a local copy of the data anymore. I have been in contact with their email support for several months now. A new person gets the case and asks for the version of the software.

My most recent request has been ignored for 7 days so far. I just sent them another request. The old desktop version was reliable (crashed occasionally) but maintained my data. I had become dependent on Neat.

Now I cannot trust it. I'll gladly do anything to assist in either stopping their scam or pressuring them to do something positive.

Orlando, Florida, United States #1231659

I'm in. The neat connect will not log in to Dropbox.

They claim its a software issue for many months. It worked originally.

Durham, North Carolina, United States #1231349

I have exactly the same experience. I wouldn't mind paying for help, but they dont actually offer that option.

Hamilton, Ohio, United States #1230503

has this idea of a Neat Class Action made any progress?

I'm running into the same issues you all are.

CheriH
O Fallon, Missouri, United States #1215014

My company is interested in joining. For 2 years we have experienced nothing but problems.

This time they have been remoted into my computer for 5 weeks 6-8 hours a day and the issue still is not resolved. Today they told me they must start over!

t.a.stewart44
Lancaster, Texas, United States #1182521

I will be glad to send you my email address so we can get the ball rolling. I feel like I was taken advantage of and now I have this machine and can no longer use it, destroyed my original copies because I thought this was the answer..

now I am screwed and no one cares.

I cannot replace those documents!! I am devastated and ready to get on board.

t.a.stewart44
Lancaster, Texas, United States #1182517

I am on board too!! Count me in..I brought this machine and stored all my legal documents (adoption etc).

Now this all this switching up after consumers have purchased the product (which wasn't cheap!) I can no long access any of my documents or contact any concerning this. They sold me a glorified piece of ***. I call it a gimmick. They get everyone on board and the product works great so more people buy it.

Then they switch things up and no one can access their documents or get help from the company.

I am definitely on board!!! contact me and lets get the ball rolling because we were dupped!

Fresno, California, United States #1177020

I would be on board. I buy the machine, purchase the "package"

AND still cant log in, or make contact.

They send me some lame response about how they need my help.

Seriously!!!!!! They certainly didnt need help taking my Credit card number!!!!!!

Wish I could send them a bill for the HOURS wasted with trying to log in and contact someone.

Stamford, Connecticut, United States #1175915

count me in, their answer is "we no longer support the software for that older unit" In effect they decided to remove my soft ware and force you to buy a new scanner at $400.00

Jamesballchimney@aol.com

I'm 100% with you on that this company needs a law suit filed against them. Let's talk I'm down

908 656 2015